The Soiland Family and Stony Point Rock Quarry have a long-term vision:
To remain good stewards of our resources and talents so that we can
continue to support and improve our community into the future.
In the late 1800’s Stony Point Rock Quarry was located on Peterson Road, west of it’s current location. It was known for providing marble-like blocks for building construction in Sonoma and Marin Counties, including the County Courthouse in Santa Rosa, the Miller Block at Main & Washington Street in Petaluma, the Phoenix Block on Main Street in Sebastopol, and the Catholic Church in Tomales.
In the 1900’s the quarry was relocated to its current site on Stony Point Road. Since that time, materials mined from this location have been crushed and used primarily in the construction industry for roadways, drainage, and rip rap stabilization.
In 1973, Stony Point Rock Quarry, Inc. was formed by Marv Soiland, Lynn Williams and Jack Witsch who purchased the quarry operations and real estate. Lynn Williams ran the quarry as General Manager until he retired in 1987. Soiland purchased the interests of both Williams and Witsch and became sole owner of Stony Point Rock Quarry, Inc.
In the 1990’s Stony Point Rock Quarry, Inc. became a second-generation family business, with several of the next generation participating in management and operations. To make a wider selection of aggregate materials and soil products available to Sonoma County, Stony Point Rock Quarry, Inc. expanded from its primary facility in Cotati to include sites in Bodega, Sonoma and most recently, Grab N' Grow in Santa Rosa. The Bodega Quarry has since been fully reclaimed and closed.
Today, Marv Soiland is President. The second generation is represented by his son, Mark Soiland, who is Vice President/Chief Operations Officer and his daughter, Marlene Soiland, who is Secretary/Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer for the corporation.